Are you looking for the best laptops to buy and use as an engineer? Here are some best-recommended laptops which you will surely want to use.
Laptops are one of the most important electronic gadgets that can make your life easier because the world today is online, and you can do anything using the internet. If you are not using the internet, then also you can do a lot of tasks on it like making presentations, editing photos, and more.
Here you will find the list of 10 best laptops that you can buy especially if you are an engineering student. So, let’s get started:
Points to Consider When Buying a Laptop as an Engineer
- The Best processor for handling all the computational tasks.
- It is integrated with a good graphics card that can easily handle CAD, Android Studio, and other software without causing problems.
- Should have enough graphics and power to take your workloads.
- The price should be reasonable.
- The laptop should not be that heavy to lift, look for lightweight laptops to carry anywhere.
- Need to have enough battery life.
- Keep tracks of the festivals where you can get deep discounts.
Top 10 Best Laptops for Engineering Students:
1. Asus Zephyrus G14
This laptop is designed as a gaming laptop, although it is itself a proving all-around laptop. With its incredible performance, it provides a fast screen, an amazing battery, and also portable to carry with a thin and light chassis.
You will certainly appreciate and be happy about the processor under its hood if you are an AMD fan. Apart from all this, the laptop is also good at gaming and content creation.
Features of Asus Zephyrus G14:
- Storage –512GB/1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0
- Screen – 14-inch, full HD screen having the non-glare feature.
- Graphics – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti-RTX 2060
- CPU – AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS
- RAM – Up to 32GB
2. Dell XPS 15 (2021)
Without any doubt, this laptop is one of the best laptops for engineering students. The Dell XPS 15 has a stylish thin and light chassis wing combining staggering power, good features, and specifications too which will help in improving the computing experience.
It gives a bright display with 500nits of brightness with impressive speakers, a comfortable keyboard, and a terrific trackpad.
Features of Dell XPS 15
- Storage – 256GB – 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe
- Screen – 15.6” inches FHD, 500-nit display
- RAM – 8GB – 64GB
- Graphics – Intel UHD Graphics, NVIDIA
- CPU – 10th Gen Intel Core i15 – 17
3. Dell G5 15
This laptop is giving a killing combo with an affordable solid gaming performance laptop. It has an amazing battery life with an optional 144Hz refresh rate display. This laptop is a great option for students and professionals too. Based on your test the laptop lasts up to 10 hours on a single charge. This laptop will be especially useful for those who focus on graphics-intensive applications and 3D design software.
Features of Dell G5 15
- Storage – 128GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HARD Drive – 152GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- Screen – 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 300-nits – 15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) 300nits IPS Anti-Glare LED Backlit Display, 144Hz
- RAM – 8GB – 16GB
- Graphics – NVIDIA GeForce
- CPU – 9th Generation Intel Core i5 – i7
4. HP Spectre x360 15T (2019)
This laptop is giving Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphics and an equally powerful processor with 15inch’s beauty. The body and the internal part of the system are quite amazing.
It has a responsive 4k touchscreen display with an optional HP Tilt Pen which allows you to create 3D models like a pro. This HP laptop also provides fantastic advanced features that are not available in other brands.
Features of HP Spectre x360 15T
- Storage – 512 GB – 2TB SSD
- Screen – 15.6-inch, 3840 x 2160 pixels touch
- RAM- 8GB – 16GB
- Graphics – Nivida GeForce GTX 1050Ti with Max-Q design
- CPU – 8th-generation Intel Core i7
5. Microsoft Surface Book 2 (15-inch)
This laptop boosts pretty powerful specs as well as having long battery life that will easily last up to 17hours on a single charge. Here, Microsoft has developed the surface book with graphical designs and creative tasks. Supports the surface pen and surface dial to make creative, exceptional and effortless experience.
Features of Microsoft Surface x360 15T
- Storage – Up to 1TB storage (SSD)
- Screen – 15-inch 3240 x 2160 PixelSense Display
- RAM – 16GB
- Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 620 – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
- CPU – 8th Gen Intel Core i5 – i7
6. Dell XPS 17 (2021)
It is an impressively thin and light 17-inch laptop with powerful boasts specs which a content creator requires. Apart from being 17-inch, this laptop is a package of gorgeous screen, gorgeous designs on top, fantastic battery life which allows it to last for an entire day.
Features of Dell XPS 17
- Storage – Up to 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe
- Screen – 17.0” inch, anti-reflective screen
- RAM – Up to 64GB DDR4-2933MHz
- Graphics – Up to NVIDIA GeForce TIX 2060 6GB GDDR6 with Max-Q
- CPU – Up to 10th Generation Intel Core i9-10885H
7. Lenovo Legion Y740
This laptop provides incredible performance with a beautiful and bright display and a 144Hz refresh rate. The laptop is carrying an elegant chassis and also it is an affordable gaming laptop.
It has a powerful internal including 9th generation Intel Core Processors and up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q graphics which makes it a more elegant choice for engineering students or professionals.
Features of Lenovo Legion Y740
- Storage – up to 1TB SSD PCIe-NVMe M.2 + 1TB 7200RPM
- Screen – 15.6” inches FHD, anti-glare, 144Hz, 500nits
- RAM – up to 32GB DDR4
- Graphics – Nvidia GeForce
- CPU – 9th Generation Intel Core i7
8. Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition (2021)
If money is not mattering for you, then Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition is just the best engineering laptop for you.
This will work as a mobile workstation which will provide a delicious 4K touchscreen display including 100% DCI-P3 color gamer which is more than enough for multi-taskers and creative pros.
Features of Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition
- Storage – 1TB SSD
- Screen – 15.6” OLED 4K Touch 60Hz, 100% DCI-P3, factory calibrated
- RAM – 32GB DDR4-2933MHz
- Graphics – Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000
- CPU – Intel Core i7-10875H
9. ThinkPad X1 Extreme Mobile Workstation
Lenovo’s ThinkPad X1 is extreme for mobile workstations and is the ultimate machine for selling out a lot of cash. This laptop consists of several configurations with fitting different budgets. It is very powerful on its basic rocking with a solid graphics card in a robust carbon-fiber and aluminum package.
Features of ThinkPad X1 Extreme Mobile Workstation
- Storage – up to 1TB SSD
- RAM – up to 64GB
- Screen – 15.6” FHD (1920 x 1080) – 15.6’4K UHD HDR (3840 x 2160) multi-touch
- Graphics – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti with Max-Q design
- CPU – up to 8th generation Intel Core i7
10. Acer Predator Triton 500
This gaming designed laptop is providing a 9th-generation Intel Core i7 processor up to Nvidia RTX 2080 with Max-Q graphics with 32GB of memory. For drafting needs and for design this laptop is very powerful and also carrying a decent battery life.
Features of Acer Predator Triton 500
- Storage – 1TB SSD
- Screen – 15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 IPS
- RAM – Up to 32GB DDR4
- Graphics – Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 – 2080 with MAX-Q
- CPU – 9th Generation Intel Core i7
Frequently Asked Questions About Laptops:
- Are laptops too much costly?
The price, and expense of the laptop depends upon the specification or brand that you are choosing. If you are choosing a laptop having i3 processor then the price would be different than the laptop having i5 processor. So, it completely depends upon the specifications, features, and brand of the laptop.
- Is it easy to remove the battery of the laptop?
If you belong to the IT industry it might be easy for you to do that but it is highly recommended that you do not play with the body of the laptop if you have zero knowledge. It would be great if you will take the laptop directly to the technician for the service purpose.
- How many hours must one use the laptop?
Laptop is an electronic item, and every electronic item expires or gets damaged internally if not used in a proper manner. You can use your laptop the whole day, just follow the charging life cycle. If the battery is below 30% charge it, and if it is above 90% remove the plug.
- What is the lifespan of a laptop?
It depends again on the specifications, and the way you are using it. But as per experts, a laptop can work properly for 5 to 6 years. If it is an apple laptop then the life might be a bit greater than the normal windows laptop.
- Which brand is the worst?
No brand is worst, every brand is best in their own way. You can choose as per your requirement.
Mentioned above is the detailed information about the laptop that you can buy. The digital era is going on, and it is important to learn the basic steps to use the internet, because today the world is switching online, and you can easily find everything there.
Stay tuned with us if you want to know more about electronic items, and how to use them so that they can live a long life. Keep learning, and reading!